We will continue to meet in the Fellowship Hall at 10:00 for worship for two more weeks, through August 20, when Lisa Sayer will be speaking.
The Commissions are taking turns setting up and taking down while we meet downstairs. A list of things that need to be done is posted on the door of the chair storage room. Please remember to lend a hand. This week is Worship, Stewardship, and Hospitality Commissions’ turn. Next week is Mission/Service, Education, and Pastoral Team. Thanks for your help!
While Dave is on sabbatical, you are encouraged to reach out to a member of Pastoral Team for any care and questions you have. Each team member has been taking a turn as the main point-person throughout the summer. Please contact Shari Leidig Halland (412-720-8220) through August 13 and Alisha Rinefierd from August 14-26.
- If you are able to provide a meal but can’t deliver it, please contact Kathleen Good, who will set up delivery.
- You also might consider bringing frozen meals to the church at your convenience, which we can deliver as needed.
- We are planning to have a group meal prep day soon, similar to what some people did on Service Sunday.
- As always, you can sign up to provide a dinner at takethemameal.com by looking up their names and using the following passwords:
- Karen and Bryan McCarthy welcomed their daughter, Lenora Mae, last Tuesday. (Password: karen/bryan)
- Gillian Kathleen was born on July 27 to Gail and Doug Peterson. (Password gail/doug)
- Lisa Sayre broke her ankle and needs some help with meals as she recovers. (password lisa)
- Kirstin and Tyler Swenson have a new son, Otto. Because they live in Ligonier, please bring meals to church through August 27 and we will arrange to have them delivered or send them home with Dianne and Kim Miller, Otto’s grandparents.
Have Car, Will Travel: If you live in the Swissvale, Wilkinsburg, or general East End area, please consider offering rides to folks who regularly come to church. Pastoral Team is looking to get enough volunteers so this doesn’t have to be a weekly (or even bi-weekly) commitment for anybody. Please talk to or email Ray Ramos (email@example.com) or Alisha Rinefierd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Godly Play Workshop: Join several PMCers at a Pittsburgh-wide training session on our wonder- and storytelling-based Sunday school program, led by a national trainer. It will be held Saturday, August 19, 9-3 pm at St. Brendan’s Church (2365 McAleer Rd, Sewickley, PA 15143). $25 includes lunch and will be covered by PMC. Sunday school teachers, storytellers, and interested parents encouraged to attend. To enroll, contact Joyce Donadee at email@example.com. Please let her know if you need a gluten-free or vegetarian lunch.
PMC Retreat is coming up quickly! We are hoping that you can come! This year’s retreat theme is PMC Knows: Gotta Meet ‘Em All and it is all about getting to know you! Did you know that over 50% of PMC attendees have been coming here 5 years or less? That’s tremendous! This will be a terrific time to meet and get to know everyone. Save the date (September 8-10) and join us at beautiful Laurelville Camp. Registration starts Sunday. (More details are in the retreat brochure, or contact Lynda Stucky, Kathleen Good, John Davis, Candace Shoenberger, Rachel Dean, or Andie Wetherald–your retreat committee–with your questions.
Quilt knotting: Please stop by the church on the weekend of August 19 to help to knot quilts that are being sent to Mennonite Central Committee. Times will be forthcoming!
Women of a Certain Age: WOCA will be meeting the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:30, rotating between members’ homes. Any PMC woman 50 or over is invited for a fun evening of discussion on a variety of interesting topics. Bringing a snack to share is optional. Talk to Lynda Stucky if you have questions.
Tuesday Walk/Run/Rides happen each week at Nine Mile Run: We meet at 7:00pm in the parking lot off Commercial (the second entrance on your right if you are driving toward Swissvale). Walking to the river and back takes about an hour. Talk to Lisa Sayre if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org) and plan to join us whether you want to bike, run, or just take a nice walk.